# Story Maps
# What is Story Map?
Story maps is a board where defining how something could be achieved. The smallest element of Story Map is a Story.
# How we use Story Maps?
Each team takes Key Results from OKRs and defines smaller steps in how to achieve them.
Elements of a Story Map:
- Journey (or Key Result). They go from OKRs.
- Steps. What steps we must complete to deliver required result.
- Stories. Small stories that describe each step more detailed.
# From a Team perspective
Each team has its own Story Map Board. On the top, there are Key Results from OKRs.
Workflow to manage the Story Map Board:
- As a team leader, walk through the Key Results on the board.
- Describe the steps that needed to achieve each Key Result.
- Create Stories for each step.
That's it. Story map is ready for your team.
# From a team member perspective
- Team priorities go from left to right.
- Each team can have its own rules on who assigns Stories. Usually, when a team member is ready to take a new task, he or she just pushes Story to Jira board and start working on it.