# Story Maps Boards
# What is Story Maps Board?
That's the place where we decompose our objectives. Each team has it's own board.
That's how does it look:
|Objectives →||1. First objective||2. Second objective||3. Objective||TODO|
|Steps →||Step 1||Step 2||Step 1||Step 1||TODO|
|Tasks →||First action||First action|
|Second action||Second action|
Each team can have only 3 objectives at the time. Some minor tasks stored in
# How we manage it
We use avion.io as a platform to manage all the stories boards.
- On Roadmap Meeting we decide what are main objectives now.
- Team leaders or e-team members set 3 main objectives or proirities for them. There must be 3 columns: 1. First objective | 2. Second objective | 3. Third objective.
Team members priorities
- Team leaders decompose each objective into deliverable steps.
Keeping everything up to date
- Every Monday each team has "Warmup" meeting, where they moving through the board and decided what will they do on the week.
- When objective is achived, the team publishes a small summary into
#announcementschannel. They may also perform a Demo if they think the change is significant for others.
# How to setup a new board
Create a project in Jira:
- Create a project in Jira. Use any of our current projects as the template.
Create a board:
- Create a new board. Set the same name as Project in Jira
Add everyone to the board:
Memberspage and add everyone.
Connect with Jira:
Integrationtab in Avion. Choose Jira.
- Use the default settings for mapping schemas.
- Choose Sign in and use our
bot@account for Jira.
Import using SQL, and add
status not in(done, cancelled, closed).
- Create a journey (Epic), a step and a card.
- Push the card to Jira.
- Close the card, make sure the status is changed on the board too.
# What if there are more than 3 proirities
In that case, team must choose the top 3, and postpone the others to the next iteration.