We use ClickUp to store the following:
- Current company Goal.
- Team tasks. Tasks are stored in:
- Sprint lists. There's an active sprint and a next sprint.
- Backlog list for tasks the team can do next.
- “Someday” list for tasks with the lowest priority.
- The Internal Wiki (opens new window).
See Goals page.
Tasks are grouped by Sprints. We usually don't create new tasks to active sprint.
Prefer use checklists instead of sub-tasks.
We use sub-tasks when:
- You delegate that task to a person from another team.
- You need to create a new branch in GIT repo.
- You want to extract that task to the next sprint.
# Closed state
When you can close the task when there's nothing more you must do for that task. Examples:
- You delivered the feature or the bug-fix.
- You received the positive feedback from the customer for the issue.
# Backlog list
We store in that list tasks for the next sprints.
# Someday list
We store in that list the nice-to-make things.