Meetings are a great tool to share some knowledge to a large group and get feedback fast, but keep in mind that meetings are consuming a lot of work time.
# Our meetings
We use meet.google.com for meetings. In some cases Zoom.us (for example, CS-Team uses Zoom for internal meetings).
# Team meetings
- Why: To sync on what we're done and what we're working on.
- Who: Each team schedule its own meeting.
# Demos and meetup
- Why: To share new features and get feedback from other teams.
- Who: At least one member of each team.
- What: Anyone can demonstrate something that other teams would be interested in, i.e. new features.
# All-hands meeting
Every Friday @ 11:00.
5 minutesfree-talk time.
10 minutesCEO presents the KPIs.
10 minutesfor the Head of Marketing and Sales.
10 minutesreserved for Head of Customer Success.
20 minutesto review our Goal and the objectives.
10 minutesfor the questions. We use Geekbot to collect the questions every Thursdays.
5-10 minutesfree-talk time.
# 1-on-1s meetings (ne-on-ones)
- Why: We use 1-on-1s to make sure if everyone is ok and to exchange the feedback.
- Who: HR, CEO, or a team leader shedules a call with another person.
# Gudelines for meetings
# Host checklist
- Prepare and publish agenda in advance.
- Schedule the meeting in google calendar:
- Use company calendar for company-wide events.
- Use your work calendar for meetings in small groups. Add participants aas guests.
- Try to publish a brief and materials in Slack in advance.
- Record the meeting or write down a summary.
- Upload recording to Google Drive or publish the summary in
# Participant checklist
- Switch on the camera. If you can't for some reason, tell about that.
- Mute the microphone when you don't speak.
- Don't interrupt.
- Follow the agenda. If you have another topic to talk, be sure it's short or add it to the agenda of the next meeting.
# How to schedule a meeting
- Open meet.google.com (opens new window).
Schedule in Google Calendar.
- Add an event and add persons or groups who must participate in. Use you personal calendar to store the event instead of Apliteni.
- (Optional) If it is a public event duplicate it to an