- Code Review may take up to 2 days. If you haven't got any response on the second day mention necessary teammates in
threads during a morning "MR Digest".
- Treat the review as additional training. Your colleagues will help you find mistakes and skills to improve. And the
general quality of the code will become better.
- You are not your code. Your colleagues comment only on your code, not your personality.
- If you see a comment with
Nit: (Nitpicking) prefix that means it's up to you to decide either to make changes or
- Use Gitlab Workflow(opens new window) extension for VSCode. It make
much easier to review complex MR.
- Begin your day reviewing current merge requests and review them when you have free time for it.
- First, take a quick glance at the changes, then review them again in more detail.
- Avoid direct instructions, ask specific questions. Your colleague may not have the experience you have and may not
understand your general questions or hints.
- If you found the typo correct it yourself. Click the Edit button and make changes.
- Don't forget to click
Finish Code Review after the review is finished.
- If everything is correct click
- Begin your comment with
Nit: (Nitpicking) prefix for cases when you have some proposals, but it's up to the maker to
decide whether to change anything or not.
- If the question you asked is resolved click
Mark as Resolved. The one who left the comment should watch its